Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow Days

Well friends, it snowed here last week.  Not really a whole lot but it did snow enough to cause a big mess.

This is the main road through town at a few minutes after four on a Thursday afternoon. 


The same road just a little farther out of town.  We have to drive this road for about 10 miles from our work.  Luckily it is a pretty main street and is usually not very icy or snowy.


Oh, and I definitely took these pictures while driving.  I'm a smart one, let me tell you!


 This is the country road that we turn off onto to get to our house.  Notice that its a little more white?  I was in Drew's F150 and if I started going too fast (much more than 15 or 20) it fishtailed on the street.  Fun Times!



We live at the top of a hill and I made the mistake of stopping to get the mail and of course snapping this picture.  I ended up having to put the truck in 4 wheel drive just to make it to the top.  Drew was driving my car and had to try this hill about 5 times before he made it.  We were both getting very tempted to just leave it at the bottom of the driveway until the next morning... 


And this is what the little car looked like when it finally made it to the garage!  Quite Snowy!  Needless to say, we car-pooled the next morning in the truck.  The little blue car says that it is not a snow driving vehicle!


Did you all get snow?  I know that I am getting very tired of it and absolutely can't wait until spring!  I'm beginning to wonder though if it will ever get here :(

2 comments:

  1. no snow for us. it was actually really nice in northern california.

    not to make you feel bad or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't all of this snow crazy?!
    We're suppose to be getting 4 to 6 inches tonight and tomorrow. Crazzzzyyyy!

    ReplyDelete