Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Last Week Was a Rough Week...

Well, I think I'm almost recovered.  Honestly, I really just hope that I am.  Last week was a pretty difficult week for me.  I made an unexpected and pretty much un-Callie related trip to my ob's office which was followed three days later by a trip to the "Private Referral" portion of the hospital, followed by another trip the next day, followed by a trip to Labor & Delivery that afternoon.  It was definitely not awesome.

To make a very long story short, I had raging stomach issues (sorry for the TMI) for approximately 8 days which caused me to be extremely dehydrated.  The trips to private referral resulted in IV treatments with a liter of fluid each day.  I also had an ultrasound done to check the fluid levels in my uterus as well a Non-Stress Test done on Callie.  It was exhausting and when the OB asked me if I would rather stay over-night and continue IV fluids or go home and sleep in my own bed, I begged and pleaded to go home.

I contracted a bacterial information called C Diff which should basically be considered hell and will make you feel that way until you have been diagnosed and been on antibiotics for probably 36 hours.  The OB described it to Drew as basically a bacteria that makes your insides and gut "raw"...  He was trying to find food that I could eat (I lost 5 pounds during this period) and she told him that throwing food at me would only make me more miserable and shock my system.  I was eating jello and drinking Gatorade and that was pretty much it.

Fortunately, Callie Belle is doing fabulously and we did learn some exciting things about her through the Ultrasound.  As of Thursday, she is approximately 7 1/2 pounds (give or take a pound...) and has hair!  I'm sure that it will be dark brown or maybe even black and I just absolutely can not wait to see her!  Hopefully she will be here soon!

I was also told that I am now officially to be on maternity leave.  Apparently after all the stress to my system, I am supposed to be staying home and resting.  That has sort of worked, except for the fact that I've been waking up at crazy times in the morning.  This morning, I was out of bed unloading the dishwasher at 5:45....  Oops...  so much for rest!

Anyway, well, hopefully we will have a baby soon but I wanted to let you all know what had been going on with us.  Needless to say, it has not been fun!

****Also, I should add that my normal OB was on Spring Break through this whole ordeal in Cabo...  Lucky her.  Her instructions last time I saw her included that I was not allowed to have a baby because she wouldn't be there to deliver her.  Something tells me, she would have rather me gone into labor than almost be admitted to the hospital for some crazy raging bacteria!


  1. That sounds awful! I'm glad you're okay now.

  2. Wow!! That is some crazy stuff!! Labor is going to be cake compared to what that sounded like. I am due Thursday and besides a few here and there contractions things are okay. Can't wait to see pics of Callie!

  3. Oh no Kesley! Bless your heart! That is terrible. I am so glad that you and Callie are okay and are doing better! I just know that you will be a trooper throughout labor and delivery thanks to what you have went through! Ugh. I hope it doesn't come back and you stay well! I cannot wait to see that little beauty of yours! Sending many prayers your way!

  4. Hey Kelsey! I was just wondering how you and your little girl are doing?! I hope everything is going well!!