Sunday, August 30, 2009

Take a deep seat and let 'em WALK ON!

Hello Bloggers!




Well, Kellen and I made it back from the Tennessee Walking Horse Celebration this afternoon. I had never been to see any of the show and it was really lots of fun! I even got to ride one of the flat shod horses this afternoon. I definitely felt a little awkward because even though I have ridden horses my who life there horses are much different than mine!


If you can see in the picture, they took an extra blue ribbon that was laying around and put it on this poor mare's bridle. I decided that they "tied" me first because I didn't fall off! We had a great time and I learned a lot about Walking Horse shows. I am sure that I drove Kellen crazy because every five minutes I had a different question. She was very patient however and an awesome teacher! Check out the pictures below from our weekend.


Anyway, we are back to the real world as of right now. Drew and I are figuring out our plans for the week and as of right now, our priority is the grocery store. I mean, there is NO FOOD in our house. I expect that we'll take care of that tomorrow evening.


I must say though, my priority for this week is to NOT eat like I ate this weekend. Horseshows really should revolve around horses and not the food!


I hope that you all have a great week!







No comments:

Post a Comment