Monday, September 14, 2009

Crazy weekend, COMPLETE...

Well, we survived. Honestly, at 4:15 Saturday morning, I wasn't sure that I would be able to say that at the end of the day. Of course, I feel like a horrible person complaining about the early morning since all I did was ride in a car. Drew drove the car and then swam 300 meters, rode a bicycle 16 1/2 miles, and then ran 3 miles. Yet, I continued to whine that I was tired. I did take lots of pictures, maybe that's what wore me out. HAHA!

He did great though (I'm pretty sure that I told y'all he would) and finished the race in 1 hour and 32 minutes. His goal was to complete it in 1 and 1/2 hours, but he is pleased. He was also 4th place in his age group, which for somebody's second race, I think is fantastic! I know the first few years I showed horses I lost a whole lot more than I won.
The swim, I'm pretty sure I'd drown...
We came home after watching part of the awards ceremony and proceeded to almost immediately head to tailgating. For some reason, I thought that we were going to get to take a nap but that obviously didn't happen. I have a bunch of tailgating pictures but we should probably save those for some other time, because this might end up being a novel anyway... HAHA...

Sunday we went to Mount Vernon, Illinois and picked up my new horse trailer. It is absolutely sooo cute. I love it! We sold our big trailer because A: it was entirely too big... I'm not sure we ever hauled 4 horses in it anyway and B: Drew and I would've had to have bought at least an F250 just to pull it and we really can't afford that just yet. So when we sold the big trailer we set out to find a little trailer. We ended up ordering one because we couldn't find anything that we liked used. And here it is, I think its adorable :)

I'm not going to lie, I definitely felt cool pulling this thing home. I was always a little intimidated to drive pulling the other trailer (it was twice as big as this one) but this one just seems so much more manageable. Plus, Dad is a great co-pilot... He lets me drive so he can stretch out in the passenger seat and nap. Mom, on the other hand, makes me a nervous wreck.

So anyway, I guess I should end this now... Like I said, kind of like a novel. Drew and I are starting this week as happy campers though... His triathlon is done and I might, might just be one step closer to showing horses again!

Y'all have a great week!

BTW: What is up with Kanye West... Why does he suck? Poor Taylor :(

No comments:

Post a Comment