Monday, October 25, 2010

And The October Wedding Season Continues..

This weekend my best friend from work, Kellen, got married.  It was a beautiful wedding and one that I had really looked forward to  For the past few months, Kellen and I have talked over wedding details and she's told me about some of her different ideas so I was pretty sure that it was going to be a gorgeous wedding, but I was blown away by how nice it really was.




Kellen is from Southern Illinois and unbeknownst to me, there are many wineries and vineyards that are within an hour or so of her house.  The one where she chose to get married was called the Von Jakob Winery and it bordered the Shawnee National Forest.  It was truly a beautiful scene for a wedding.

Kellen has a great sense of style and I always wonder how she can be dressed so perfectly all the time.  I have never seen her have a day where she looks "rough" (I have days like this pretty much every day).  Her wedding dress and hair were gorgeous and all her attendants looked great too.

Needless to say, Drew and I had a great time at the wedding and we were so excited to be able to take a road trip through the country.  Best wishes to the Laceys.  They are on their honeymoon right now and I'm very jealous, they're in St Lucia!  How awesome!

2 comments:

  1. how pretty! the weather couldn't have been any more perfect too!!! congrats to your friend.

    and yay for visiting california. it's been pretty rainy here so hopefully the sun comes out when you arrive.

    have an awesome week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wedding looks so very stunning! Btw, we should plan lunch soon!

    ReplyDelete