Thursday, October 7, 2010

Shootin Skeet!

For his birthday this year, my dad wanted a Clay Pigeon Thrower (I'm sure there's a technical term for this thing, but I don't know what it is.)  Since he never says anything he wants, Mom immediately made the purchase.
 

Sunday was the first day that it had been out of the box, even though Dad's birthday is New Years Eve.  OOPS...  Oh well, what better way to blow off some steam than shoot little orange disks.


Dad and Drew had two guns that they were shooting.  A 12 gauge shotgun and a 20 gauge shotgun.  Dad bought the 12 gauge this summer but he has owned the other since he was 12.  My dad does not hunt or anything, so it was interesting that he was actually a really good shot!  I was impressed.  Drew loves to hunt (deer, doves, turkeys, etc) and was also a pretty good shot.

Me, I'm just good at loading the disks.  No shooting guns for me...  This time.  Something tells me that they will have me shooting the next time they get out their toy.


One of the funniest parts of this activity was the horses.  Mom and I were convinced that the horses would be really scared and that they'd probably run to the farthest corner of the pasture.  NOT SO MUCH..  They started coming towards where Dad and Drew were shooting.  I had to run and lock them back around the pond so that they would not come to close.  What a bunch of idiots!



I definitely think that Dad's toy was a success.  He and Drew went through two boxes of shotgun shells and he had the biggest grin on his face when they were  finished.  Something tells me that it won't be another nine months before they play with it again!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like the men in your family had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We have one of those thingys that throws skeet three at a time...so it's fun to see how many they can get before they hit the ground! Every time we shoot skeet we have to put the dogs up because bless their hearts they search nonstop for nonexistant skeet to fetch..lol

    ReplyDelete