Friday, November 20, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Max Man - American Quarter Horse Gelding

Well, Kelly at Kelly's Korner is having another "Show Us Your Life" post and I really had to participate. I feel bad, because I don't have any pictures of Scooter here at work, but I do have pictures of my Max Man, so I guess that this post will be all about him...
Heza TeTotal Mister - Max
Max has been in my life for almost 12 years. We bought him when he was an 18 month old stud colt. We had him gelded and then broke him when he was 2. My parents told me that I probably wouldn't be able to ride him until he was 5 or 6 because I was 13 and they were afraid that he wouldn't be well behaved. Well, that didn't last long because I rode him the first day he had a saddle on his back. He is completely dead headed and wonderful.

Since I have had him, Max has been a pet therapy animal (he has gone to nursing homes & schools) as well as an accomplished show horse. As a 3 year old, he was Kentucky 4H Reserve State Champion in their snaffle bit futurity. He was also KY 4H Res. State Champ in showmanship my last year. There were over 40 kids in the class. He also has points in the American Quarter Horse Association.

Winning the circuit championship in Showmanship for the WTQHA Summer Circuit!

More than that though, Max was a great buddy for me. He and I know each other inside and out. I really feel that he has complete trust in me and I know that I have it in him. I miss him terribly as he was always my stress relief and I can't have that with him now. He lives with my parents at their house until I can find a way to keep him here.


Well, since we're posting pictures, I have to post this one too. This is Lightning and he was my first horse that I got for my 8th birthday. I'm sure that my parents regret buying him - ok, probably not, but it sure cost them a ton of money in the long run!!!


Hope you guys have a great day! I will have to give Scooter her own post in the next few days so that she doesn't get sad :( I'm so glad to get to see her and my hubby tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. He is GORGEOUS!!!!! I have never owned one, but I love horses. They are so powerful and graceful and they are so smart and in tune with people. I just feel like they get it, you know? Anyway, thanks for sharing!!! I'm glad you got a kick out of Nyley Cyrus. ;) She dances better than the real one. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable pictures! My husband had a horse when he was growing up called Tony the Pony. I've begged to see pics of them in shows, but no dice so far. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete