Thursday, March 4, 2010

If we weren't leaving the country...

the first week of May, I'd sure be wanting to go to the Derby. I don't understand how a Kentucky girl like me has managed to live 25 years and never watched the Derby except on TV. I guess that I won't even get to watch the Derby this year because it is the day that we leave for Jamaica. Guess I shouldn't complain!

Anyway, on to the point of this post... Drew was at Dillards last night looking at shoes and belts and I glanced over and saw that there were Derby hats on display... So I definitely had to try them on! HAHA!
I really liked this hat and thought that since it was black it would be easy to match with an awesome sundress!
This was Drew's favorite but I can't imagine finding a dress to go with it! Even though it was really cute :)

I just realized that I look really funny because my face is ducked down in all these pictures. That was the only way that I could get pictures of how great the decorations were on the hats. I guess that I'll have to wait and get a Derby hat for next year.
Oh, and you do get weird looks when you're wearing big hats in Dillards and taking pictures of yourself in the mirrors!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Haha!! Awesome Hats!! The Arkansas Derby is in April and I've never been, I'd love to go this year but I volunteered to help at a womens shelter...I guess that's better than gambling ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those hats!
    I there with you girl---my family moved to Louisville when I was 15 and I still have not been to the Derby either! I really want to go some day! The hubby and I always through a Derby party which is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hats! So fun! It makes me want to come to the Kentucky Derby and dress up!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete