Friday, August 6, 2010

Most random post ever...

Ok... Here goes. I hope that you can follow this post because truthfully, it will not have any type of order.

1: Drew's grandmother had a stroke this week. That's part of the reason for my absenteeism (is this a word?). She seems to be better and last night they were even talking about taking her out of ICU. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers if you get a chance.

2: The other part of my absenteeism (again, I'm not sure...) is that I have actually been motivated and gone to the gym this week. BE IMPRESSED. I did not, however, have my scheduled riding lesson on Wednesday due to the 100+ degree heat and the fact that we were afraid that at any moment we would have to head to WKY to the hospital.

3: This weekend is the first shower for my future sister-in-law, Angela. I do not, however, have her gift yet. Clearly, that is on my list of to-do's tonight.

4: We bought a bunch of furniture a few weeks ago (have I told y'all this yet?) and my parents are bringing it to BG on Saturday and we're sneaking it into the house. This should be fun. I'm only partially terrified that somebody is going to find out and then they'll jack my beautiful new leather couch and loveseat. That would be tragic. I'd also be sad if they made out with my sofa table, coffee table, and two end tables. Also, the new kitchen table and chairs. That would mean devastation. They're awesome though and I pretty much can't wait to show y'all pictures!

5: I'm ready for today to be over. GOOD GRIEF THIS HAS BEEN A LONG WEEK.

6: Hubby and I are going to have a nice dinner together tonight. I'm excited. These days it doesn't seem like we are doing that much. Frankly, I'm really not sure the last time that I even cooked. We have been mealing on sandwiches and tuna stuffed tomatoes (not that this is a bad thing, especially considering the tomatoes that my Mamaw gave me... BTW: I should definitely get more of them this weekend...)

Oh well, I guess that's enough for now. Oh except this... Do you guys remember me saying that I was reading Water for Elephants? Well, I finished it in like four days. Its absolutely fabulous and I 100% recommend it to anybody.

ok. DONE. officially.

2 comments:

  1. 1. i love that say "good grief"...you're an old soul m'dear and it's adorable!

    2. dave's grandma was in the hospital too. she's out now but things aren't looking too good. i'll keep her and drew's grandma in my thoughts.

    3. tuna stuffed tomatoes? is that good?? never heard of it.

    have a great weekend darling!

    ReplyDelete