Monday, June 14, 2010

Riding Lesson!


So, my riding lesson was this weekend and it was FANTASTIC... I think the only thing that could've made it any better would be if it hadn't been 95 degrees.


I worked at the walk, trot, and canter on a little horse named Dave. He was a sweetie and he and I got along pretty well! I also worked at the posting trot (where you rise and fall with the rhythm of the horse's trot) as well as in a "2 point" position (the up position of posting).


It was absolutely a great time and I have already scheduled another lesson for Thursday. Riding this weekend was definitely what the Dr ordered!


See the huge bend in my knee? That was a huge change for me! Holly started with my stirrups shorter than this but I think she realized I was a little uncomfortable and gave me one more hole's length!

Trotting over poles in the "2 Point" position. I think this was to test my rhythm with him.
PS: My new boots didn't come in last week so I ended up riding in my cowgirl jeans and boots. Hopefully, my new shorter boots will come in before my next lesson on Thursday. I think I would've been much more comfortable and flexible.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing more therapeutic than riding! I love horses, grew up with them, rode and competed all my life, especially English and jumping. You look great on a horse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like so much fun! and you look HOT! dang girl you make riding sexy ;)

    also loving that your horse was named dave. HA! cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete