Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Decorations as well as other things :)

Well, I am a little late in posting about our fall decorations. They are a pretty minimal anyway. I don't really have any fall decorations so really we just have pumpkins. There aren't any mums either, which is crazy. I did plant some at the back of the house, so hopefully they'll be beautiful next year, but this year they had already bloomed and weren't quite so nice.

Like I said, just some pumpkins. I do love the topiary pumpkins though and of course my little scarecrow.

Here are our carving pumpkins as well as another topiary.

The front of our house with pumpkins and my scarecrow. I think it looks festive :)

The fall is kind of a sentimental time for Drew and I regarding our house. Two years ago at this time we were in the process of completely gutting it. Our house was built in 1978 and when we bought it in 2007, everything inside was basically the same. It had horrible wood panelling, horrible wall paper, and orange shag carpets... among other things. We renovated it in one month and Drew spent his first night here on Halloween 2007. It is still a work in process but at least we aren't constantly doing things anymore. We have redone all the landscaping, repainted the whole house, including ceilings, replaced all the flooring and soon we will have replaced all the light fixtures. Total redo, but we love it!

Anyway, hope you guys have a great day and weekend. We have a wedding to go to today and need to go to Sams and the grocery store. Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pumpkin topiaries! They are so cute and you're right..festive! Thanks for sharing! -April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fall decorations look great! I only have my wreath up ... ooops! haha.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and now following you ;)

    ReplyDelete