Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Customer Service

One reason that I really like living in a small(er) town in the south is hospitality. 

Today, I had planned to go home, let Scooter out, and eat a healthy lunch.  Well, you know what they say about plans...  they don't often work out.  I had noticed this weekend that one of the tires of my car seemed low and today I decided that I really needed to take it to the tire place and let them check it out.  When I got there, the man recognized me (this is where I always take my car, they're the only ones who have really ever serviced it over the past four years) and asked how he could help.  I told him my predicament and asked what I needed to do.  He checked the tire and said that it had 10 pounds of air in it, they usually have 35.  He filled it with air and asked me to bring it back tomorrow and drop it off so that they could check the tire and see what the problem was.  I asked him how much I owed him and he laughed and said "nothing, we never charge for stuff like that".  Then he asked, "your name is Kelsey, right?  Kelsey Richey?" 

Cool...  I don't know his name and the only reason he knows mine is because I'm a customer.  Looks like I'll be a customer for a long time.

After I left the tire place, I didn't have time to run home (it is about a 20 minute one way trip to our house) so I gave in to my guilty pleasure and went to Rally's.  I ordered the usual, Rally burger with cheese, french fries, and a Diet Coke...  Medium sized (definitely not a healthy lunch...).  I waited a few minutes before I got my food and when the boy at the window handed it to me and said "we have replaced your medium fry with a large due to you having to wait."  Huh?  I was only there for a maximum of 5 minutes...  That was completely unnecessary...

So I went and parked in a lot to eat my lunch and it was amazing.  I'm pretty sure that my LARGE fries had come straight out of a fryer because they were so hot that they burned my mouth.  YUM YUM YUM...

Anyway, two completely different industries with two great examples of customer service.  They pretty much made my lunch hour.  Oh, and if you've some how managed to never eat Rally's french fries, you need to change that.  They are amazing with no salt or ketchup needed...


Oh, and yes, I realize...  This post is completely contradictory to my previous post regarding feeling fat...  I promise, I don't eat like this everyday...  P-R-O-M-I-S-E...

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to think that we may think a lot alike. I was just talking about wonderful customer service about five minutes before coming to your blog page. We had the best service, ever while visiting Chattanooga this weekend. I wish every where was like that.

    Rallys has the best fries in the world. Ahh, I could eat that very dealthy unhealthy meal every day. yum.

    ReplyDelete