Friday, December 11, 2009

Baby, Its Cold In Here...

Well guys, we have it a heat wave today... I think that the high is right around 40. What a mess! It was 14 degrees when I woke up this morning... YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!

Today is Kellen's birthday so we are having a food day at work. We all decided that we can tell we haven't had a food day lately because of all the food that got brought in. I made a hash-brown and sausage breakfast casserole this morning and there is all kinds of other stuff here too. There are multiple types of cupcakes & brownies, several dips, meatballs, and veggie/meat & cheese platters. Needless to say, none of us are hungry! It was handy though, because I was able to use my lunch break to run some errands.

Drew and I are going to have another busy weekend. I'm really starting to feel like that is the norm for us. Tonight we have his work Christmas party, tomorrow we are going to a horse sale, and then Sunday our parents are coming up to have a "pre-Christmas" dinner with us. I guess that I am moderately excited about the sale tomorrow. There is a huge breeding farm that is a couple of hours away and they are having a complete dispersal sale. The sale includes a 171 acre facility with approximately 100 stalls, lots of barn equipment, and around 100 horses.

I had thought that I might be able to buy a pony this Saturday but with the new addition of a truck payment, I believe it'll have to be pushed back a little longer. Unfortunately, there are several really nice young horses (coming 2's) that I would love to have and if they go cheap, which I'm assuming that they will, it'll be really sad for me. So, needless to say, I hope they sell high and I'll do my best to wait. I don't wait well though, so we'll see what happens.

Anyway, I'm here at work so I'd better cut this short. Hopefully I'll get my computer back soon and will be able to post some pictures and give a full account of what we've been up to lately.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't aware the 40 was considered a heat wave! ha!!

    Hope you get lucky tomorrow at the horse show and the horses will sell for so cheap that you end up buying one!!

    all this talking of sausage balls and hashbrowns is making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete