Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year In Review...

Well... after starting this year in review journey, I realized that I didn't have large amounts of pictures of anything besides the ice storm... so here are some small snippets...
In early spring, Drew told me that he was going to do a triathlon because he needed to get into shape. Obviously, I was skeptical. I wasn't skeptical because I didn't think he could do it, I was skeptical because I wasn't sure that he would want to put all the effort into it that it would require. I was wrong. He did his first triathlon in early June and then did another in September. Both of these triathlons were sprint distance but he has signed up for an Olympic distance triathlon in Nashville next summer. I should also add that his goal to get in shape resulted in losing 25 pounds, so apparently it worked!

I also learned this summer that I could garden... At least a little bit. We grew 3 regular tomato plants and 1 cherry tomato plant, as well as cucumbers and a bell pepper plant. It was so fun to eat food that we had grown, plus they tasted amazing! My tomatoes took for ever to actually ripen because of the weird weather that we had but we were lucky enough to have lots to eat and lots to give away. I also planted lots of flowers around the house.
My birthday is in July, so we of course had friends over and hung out by the pool. Miraculously, it didn't rain that day... I think it poured that night but we didn't have rain on my birthday. We are lucky to have great friends.

Well, that is all for now... We are heading over to some friends for NYE, but tomorrow I'll try to get a post put together about the biggest event of our summer, our trip to Florida!
I hope that you all have a great NYE and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment